Private and County Campgrounds are Open with Restrictions
April 23, 2020
Florence County Health Dept.
Safer at Home County Order 4/23/20
DATE: April 23, 2020
TO: Special Attention to Campground Owners/Operators in Florence County
FROM: Florence County Health Officer Annette Seibold email@example.com , 715-528-4837
RE: Safer at Home Order, Badger Bounce Back and Opening Campgrounds
On April 16, 2020 Wisconsin Secretary of Health Designee Andrea Palm extended the Wisconsin Safer at Home Order (Emergency Order #28) to May 26, 2020. The extension of the order included some operational flexibility to some businesses formerly determined to be non-essential. In accordance with authority given to local health department through the COVID-19 public health emergency, I hereby allow campground openings beginning immediately:
1. Comply with requirements of Safer at Home Order Sections 13.b (selling groceries and medicine), 13.d (restaurant operations), and 13.e (bar operation);
2. Close swimming pools, hot tubs, and exercise facilities;
3. Prohibit guests from congregating in lobbies or other common areas, including providing adequate space to adhere to Social Distancing Requirements while queuing for front desk services;
4. Campground occupants shall maintain social distancing of 6 feet at all times;
5. Prohibit the use of buildings or public spaces that would encourage social gatherings of any number of people including, but not limited to: toilet facilities, laundry facilities and shower buildings;
6. Limit all campsites to members of a single household or living unit. All other private gatherings of any number of people are prohibited;
7. Increase cleaning and disinfection practices;
8. Encourage that only necessary workers are present, and adopt policies to prevent workers exposed to COVID-19 or symptomatic workers from coming to work.
In addition all business must:
1. Avoid meeting in person whenever possible, and switch to virtual meetings, teleconference, and remote work (i.e. work from home) if possible;
2. Comply with all Wisconsin Department of Health Services guidelines for businesses https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/employers.htm;
3. All businesses are encouraged to follow WEDC’s best practices for a COVID-19 response plan. https://wedc.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/COVID-Compliance-List-FINAL.pdf. The COVID-19 pandemic is a rapidly evolving situation. Conditions related to the pandemic are subject to change. For physical distancing signs, please contact Amber at the Florence County Health Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-528-4837.
Click here for full details »